Consumer electronics retailer Best Buy has today announced that its first UK store will open in Thurrock, Essex in May 2010. That debut will be followed by stores in Hedge End (Southampton) and Merry Hill (West Midlands) in June.
Best Buy has also confirmed that it will be opening a store in Aintree near Liverpool soon after June and another in Croydon, Surrey in Autumn 2010.
The company said it would create up to 8,000 jobs in the UK in the next five years.
“That will include a compelling range of full HD and 3D televisions, brought to life at the Thurrock store in an immersive 3DTV experience, with surround sound systems, speakers, Blu-ray receivers, headphones and wireless streaming solutions,” the company’s official announcement said.
Other services Best Buy will offer include:
* A bespoke home entertainment service, with partner SMC offering in-home consultations and installations of customised systems
* Walk out working: buy any laptop, camera or mobile phone and it can be set up so it’s ready to use straight away
* Blueshirts: every member of the in-store team has undergone a nine-week training programme to learn in-depth product and customer service knowledge
* 1-2-1 Help: book an in-store consultation online or in the store with a Blueshirt or Geek Squad Agent. Best Buy said it will give customers one-to-one advice on a wide range of technology and services – even if the products weren’t bought from its store
* Trading in items such as old televisions, laptops and mobile phones may bring discounts towards your next in-store purchase
* Price match on any product, plus an extra 10 per cent saving
* If you find the same product for less elsewhere up to 30 days after purchase, Best Buy will refund the difference.