We’re near the end of July but the BBQ season is still in full-flow. We’ve teamed up with Debbie and Andrew’s Sausages to bring you three great recipes that will liven up your bangers on the BBQ.
Open Summer Sausage Chilli Sandwich
4 Debbie & Andrews Sausages
1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
60ml (4 tbsp) Sweet chilli dipping sauce
2 Ciabatta Rolls, cut in half lengthwise
Mixed green salad leaves, washed
4 sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Cook 4 Debbie & Andrews sausages under a preheated grill for 12 – 15 minutes turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile make the chilli jam: Melt the butter in a medium fry pan over a moderate heat, add the sliced onion and cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Stir through the sweet chilli sauce and heat a further minute.
- Place the bread on a plate and top with the mixed salad leaves
- Slice the cooked sausages into 3 diagonally, place on top of the salad leaves along with the cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle over the onion chilli jam and serve.
Tomato and Coriander Sausage Kebabs
8 Debbie and Andrews Perfect Pork Sausages
8 button mushrooms
1 medium green peppers – deseeded and cut into large chunks
1 medium red peppers – deseeded and cut into large chunks
1 courgette – thicky sliced
2 x 15mlsp (2 tbsp) sundried tomato puree
3 x 15mlsp (3 tbsp) olive oil
2 x 15mlsp (1 tbsp) Balsamic vinegar
2 x 15mlsp (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar
3 x 15mlsp (3 tbsp) chopped coriander
8 skewers, if using wooden skewers soak in water for 1 hour prior to use.
- Cut each sausage into 3 with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Thread the skewers with the sausages pushing the skewer through the centre of the sausage rather than the skin side, mushrooms and chunks of green and red pepper alternating between vegetable and sausage.
- In a bowl combine all the dressing ingredients together, stir well.
- Drizzle half the dressing over the prepared kebabs and either place onto a BBQ or under a hot grill for 12 – 15 minutes when turning drizzle with the remaining dressing, allow all sides to cook evenly.
- Serve the kebabs on a bed of cous cous flavoured with fresh coriander and a green side salad.
Sausage, Potato and Green Bean Salad with Horseradish Dressing
4 Debbie & Andrews Harrogate sausages, cooked on the BBQ and cut into 6 pieces
500g chunky cut new potatoes, cooked
115g thickly sliced radishes
100g Green Beans, cooked
125g watercress and rocket (mixed) – washedDressing
75ml plain Greek yogurtlime – rind and juice
5mlsp horseradish sauce
25g Chopped fresh mint leaves
Cracked black pepper
- To make the dressing – pour the yogurt into a small bowl , add the lime rind and juice followed by the horseradish sauce and chopped mint, combine together and then add a couple of twists from the pepper mill and stir again.
- In a large bowl place in the chunky cut potatoes, sausages, radishes and beans, combine well
- Divide the watercress and rocket between 4 plates. Top with the sausage salad
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve with more cracked black pepper.