Prepare for this conversation in shopping centres all across Britain…
Mum: "Do you want to go and sit on Santa’s knee?" Kid: "No! I wanna go play on the Nintendo Wii and DS!"
Yes, Santa has some competition this year as Nintendo begins its Wii and DS Christmas tours.
The tours will offer families the chance to play a variety of Wii and Nintendo DS titles and discover some of Nintendo’s newest and most anticipated Christmas releases.
"Be puzzled by mind bending brain teasers as you aim to uncover the mystery of Professor Layton and the Curious Village at all Nintendo DS locations, see live demonstrations of the highly anticipated Wii Music and take a trip to the city in the all new Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City, both at selected Wii locations," Nintendo promises (although Wii music and Animal Crossing won’t be at all the venues, so check the MyNintendo website before you set off in the car).
And if the kids still want to go and see Santa, there’s the chance to win a family holiday to Lapland (don’t worry if you don’t have kids, you can skip the visit to a reindeer farm and hit the slopes or the hotel spa instead).
The Wii Christmas Tour 2008:
* Westfields, Derby: 30 Oct – 02 Nov
* Toys For Big Boys, Dublin: 06 Nov–09 Nov
* Lakeside, Thurrock: 13 Nov–16 Nov
* Manchester, Arndale: 20 Nov–23 Nov
* Braehead, Glasgow: 27 Nov–30 Nov
* MetroCentre, Gateshead: 04–07 Dec
* Highcross, Leicester: 11–14 Dec
* Westquay, Southampton: 18–21 Dec
The Nintendo DS Christmas Tour 2008
* Ilac, Dublin: 23–26 Oct
* St. Davids, Cardiff: 30 Oct–02 Nov
* Westfields, London: 06–09 Nov
* Braehead, Glasgow: 13–16 Nov
* MetroCentre, Gateshead: 20–23 Nov
* Meadowhall, Sheffield: 27–30 Nov
* Bluewater, Kent: 03–07 Dec
* Churchill Square, Brighton: 11–14 Dec
* Highcross, Leicester: 18–21 Dec